Pages

Sunday, 11 June 2017

A Month of Romance - Shea Balik



Welcome, my darlings. Today I am joined by the extremely talented Shea Balik, author of PRN ManLove Romance series, Miracle.



Author Bio:
Shea Balik has always had a vivid imagination with stories running around in her head. Often her stories are taken from observations of other people with her own spin. Traveling is one of her favorite ways of fulfilling her passion of people watching. You never know, one day you may spark her imagination for her next book. Whether at home or traveling she is usually in front of her computer writing or curled up with a good book.

Stalker Links:


Pros and Cons of having characters in an author’s head

There are many styles that writers use when creating a story but I’d like to talk about my experience.  So often, one hears about how the story just seemed to write itself.  For me, this was not only true, it was demanded.  Each character has a voice and they used that voice to talk with me so they could speak about their life, whether it be good or bad.  One might think this a good thing, as I don’t have to come up with pesky stories, since  the characters do that for me but even though this method has its perks, it also has its downfalls.

The stories started when I was a child.  Being grounded, which happened far more often than I might have hoped, never was a hardship for it was quite easy to let my mind wander into one of the many fantasy worlds that existed in my mind.  Everything from princes, to knights in shining armor, even many action adventure stories were always waiting to capture my attention and kept me entertained for hours on end.  Little did I know at the time, those characters, weren’t just my imagination at play, they were actual voices within my head, always there, whispering for me to come join them.  That might have explained all the times I was grounded for not cleaning my room or doing my homework now that I think about it. 

The older I got, the more those voices demanded my attention.  So I began writing them down.  They never seemed satisfied until I had gotten their lives onto paper.  As often happens, when I sat down to write, they were there, whispering and urging my fingers to type even faster.  During those times, I was always grateful to have them around, for it made creating my next book that much easier.  It is more like transcribing what they dictate than actually having to come up with interesting things to write.

But, as always, with good there was bad (or at least annoying).  Sure the voices love to chatter when I wrote, but they also loved to chatter when I was on the phone with my mother trying to pull my focus from what she was saying.  I can’t tell you how many times I had to say, “What was that, Mom?”  She swore I needed to get a hearing test as I must have been going deaf.

Then there were the times when I was out running errands. Those darn characters chattered so loudly the only way to get them to shut up was to actually talk back to them.  Again, it isn’t so bad when I was in the car, for it just looked like I was on the phone, but it also happened when I was at the grocery store trying to figure out what to have for dinner.  They had an affinity for steering me toward things like pasta and candy.  As they would say, “I’m only going to live this once, I might as well enjoy it.” 

They also had an opinion about the clothes I tried on.  Jesse Grant and Macon Roxley had an opinion on my style.  They both agreed I don’t have one, yet neither agreed on what my style should be so I usually ended up leaving more frustrated than when I arrived.  Jesse thought I should show off my assets with a lot of cleavage while wearing bold, eye-watering colors.  Macon on the other hand believed in more subdued colors with a more stylish flair.  Their bickering was enough to drive me to the nearest bar for a drink.  (Which by the way doesn’t work.  It only made them drunk, which creates all sorts of weird occurrences that were really hard to tell the cops.  “Why no, officer, it wasn’t me who grabbed that guy’s ass, it was the voice in my head.  Honest.”

No matter where I was or what time it was, when one of them had something to say, they felt completely free to start talking.  It might not be so bad, except that time often was in the middle of the night when I was trying to sleep.  I have learned to keep a pad of paper next to my bed for their little anecdotes or the little sleep I did get wouldn’t happen at all.

Yet, through all that they put me through, I honestly could say, I didn’t know what I would do without them.  They have been there for me through the good and the bad.  Made me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry.  They are the ones who have given me a purpose in this life.  To share their stories with the world and for that, I thank them.  If only they would turn themselves off between midnight and seven in the morning!

~Shea   




~Cedar Falls~
New Releases

Welcome to Cedar Falls, a small North Carolina town nestled among the Smokey Mountains. Where the people are friendly and the men are hot.


Title: Happy Endings
Series: Cedar Falls 20
Author: Shea Balik
Publisher: Siren 
Released: June 6th 2017
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Contemorary Romance, M/M, HEA]

Blurb:
Gabriel McCarthy came to Cedar Falls in an attempt to find his own way in this world. What he hadn’t expected was to find friends who would stand by each other no matter who tried to get in their way—or a man he could easily see spending the rest of his life with.

Lakyn Voss had just had the rug pulled out from under him when the mayor of Cedar Falls made it his mission to destroy Lakyn’s business. Determined not to fall victim to the man’s manipulations, he finds solace in Gabriel’s arms.


Warning: A battle of wits ensues in Cedar Falls as the tension rises and the date for the mayoral race comes closer.



Excerpt:
"What do you think of Jesse becoming mayor, Lakyn?” Vail asked.

At times, Lakyn might cringe at the thought of Jesse being mayor, but he knew, deep down – like way deep, deep down – that Jesse would make a great mayor. “So long as he doesn’t actually do half the crazy things he mentions, I’d vote for him.”

Ethan gave a harsh laugh. “Yeah, let’s just hope he doesn’t ban tea from downtown. I might prefer coffee most days but I have to admit to still liking a cup of hot tea on occasion.”

“Or erecting a Bigfoot statue,” Flynn added. “Sure it would be cool, but I also don’t believe the taxpayers should have to pay for that any more than they had to pay for that waterfall monstrosity Mayor Murphy had built.”

“I’d like a Bigfoot statue,” Vail insisted. “And it might add enough mystery to this town to get more people to visit.”

Lakyn would appreciate that. “I agree. Those weekends when the festivals do activities in the woods or on the lakes generate a lot of business for me. Zoey and I are usually booked solid as the men go off on their adventure while the wives stay and get massages.”

Zoey was Lakyn’s partner. They had both worked for Sierra Breeze, a holistic store in town, for about a year. But when the owners Sierra and Breeze said they needed more room for their products and would no longer be able to give Lakyn and Zoey room to give massages, they had decided to try to open their own massage parlor, Happy Endings.

It was tough going at first, but they have been building a steady clientele. They also set up massage chairs during the festivals that brought in really good money.

“See?” Vail said. “Building a Bigfoot statue and having a yearly event to search for him would bring in great revenue.” The smug expression on his face told Lakyn this wasn’t the first time they had argued about the topic.

“Excuse me?” A man in a suit that was way too formal for Cedar Falls approached their table.

Instantly Lakyn was put off by the man’s need to impress. Who did he think lived in Cedar Falls that a suit was needed? This was a small southern town, not some big city where the only morals people knew were the ones that were green and had numbers on them.

“I heard you gentlemen discussing the mayoral race and I was wondering if I may get your perspective on the candidates.” The man’s deep cultured voice sent a small shiver down Lakyn’s spine.

Lakyn tried to stop it, but he couldn’t seem to help himself. There was just something about the smooth voice that made him want to listen all day. Didn’t mean he would, just that he would like to.

“I haven’t seen you around these parts and that suit clearly screams you aren’t from Cedar Falls, so why would you want to know about our mayoral race?” Ethan asked bluntly.

Compelled to look up at the man whose voice held his attention, Lakyn softly gasped as he stared into brown eyes swirled with amber. They were like the warm honey he drizzled on his toast. Enthralled, Lakyn found himself gazing up at the man, not caring that just seconds before he’d been put off by the stranger for wearing a suit.

“I’m here for an interview with Jesse Grant to be his campaign manager, but I was hoping to get a sense of the man first,” the stranger answered, not even seeming to notice that Lakyn was there. Then again, Lakyn hadn’t spoken so there was no reason for the man to notice him. Not that Lakyn wanted him to.

Ethan immediately stiffened and went on the defensive. “I don’t remember Jesse saying he had an appointment with anyone today.”

“That’s because I don’t have an appointment,” the stranger said. Then he stuck out his hand to Ethan. “Gabriel McCarthy. Nice to meet you.”

But Ethan, Flynn, and Vail just continued to eye Gabriel, silently demanding he explain further.

But Gabriel didn’t bend, which was impressive. If Lakyn’s friends had looked at him like that, he would have given up whatever secrets the three wanted. He probably would have even made up a few just to keep them happy.

Almost reluctantly, Flynn stuck his hand out and shook Gabriel’s. “I’m not sure we can trust you, but I am impressed. Flynn Rankin.”

Gabriel’s lips turned upward just slightly. “Thank you. I must say, it isn’t often I’ve faced anyone as intimidating as you three, and I’ve faced potential presidents.”

Lakyn wanted to leave. He might be attracted to the guy, but it was obvious by the reserved expression on Gabriel’s face that he was as fake as a three-dollar bill. Nothing turned Lakyn off more than those who couldn’t be genuine.

“Wait a minute,” Vail said. “If you’ve met people running for president, what in the hell are you doing in Cedar Falls to meet Jesse?”

Gabriel’s face fell for the first time since he approached the table. It only lasted seconds but it was the first time Gabriel had been real and damn if it didn’t draw Lakyn in.

A haughty note crept into Gabriel’s tone, as if he were trying to cover his mistake of dropping the mask he’d been wearing since approaching them. “Unfortunately, I may have met some of the leaders in this country, but due to my young age and inexperience, I was not given the opportunity to actually help on their campaigns as I had wished.”

Ethan tilted his head. “So, in other words, you want to use Jesse to give you experience of running a campaign to advance your career.”

Those liquid honey eyes hardened into amber. “Even though I wish to advance my career, I can assure you Jesse would benefit from the knowledge I possess in politics. I graduated from Harvard, after all.”

Ass. Yet, even though he thought that about Gabriel, Lakyn couldn’t deny he was attracted. If he had any hope of not falling for the guy, who clearly was used to playing a part instead of being himself, then Lakyn needed to get out of there. Fast.





Title: Chiseled Wood
Series: Cedar Falls 19
Author: Shea Balik
Publisher: Siren
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Romance, sex toys, spanking, M/M, HEA]

Blurb:
Kyler Prince is determined to find his place in this world. But with only the sheltered commune he grew up in as experience, his hope of finding somewhere he can fit in seems impossible. That is, until he ends up in Cedar Falls.

Aaron Garnett has dark desires. After he meets Kyler, he fears the innocent man will run if Aaron ever shows him what he truly wants in a lover. But Aaron's just not sure he has the strength to stay away from Kyler.

Can Kyler convince Aaron that his desires run just as dark, or will Aaron feel the risk is too high to give him a chance?

Warning: Interference from well-meaning friends may lead to uncontrollable laughter, especially when a mini-Jesse is introduced.



Adult Excerpt:
“Anything you want,” Aaron said honestly. He wasn’t going to take sex off the table. He still believed it was best they waited but he also wasn’t going to deny Kyler if he asked. “I think I have something that would be perfect.”

The smile he received had Aaron’s heart racing as he got out of the truck and went around the front to Kyler’s door. He didn’t even hesitate to take Kyler into his arms and carry him into the house. It was what they both wanted. Where Kyler belonged.

When he set Kyler back on his feet, Aaron kept him close for a kiss. He made it brief as he was excited to get started. “Go take a shower and meet me in the living room naked.”

Kyler nodded. His eyes shone brightly as he said, “I won’t be long.” Then he was racing off to do Aaron’s bidding.

Damn but Aaron loved how responsive Kyler was.

Smiling, Aaron headed into his room to shower himself. Thoughts of getting to touch all that smooth flesh again had Aaron rushing. In no time he dressed, once more heading into the living to wait on his sweet boy.

The moment Kyler came toward him, completely nude, Aaron felt his body tighten. Aaron had been with a lot of men over the years, all experienced subs, yet never once did he remember wanting anyone as much as he wanted Kyler.

“You are so beautiful,” he murmured as Kyler stepped right into Aaron’s arms.

Not able to resist, Aaron captured Kyler’s mouth in a heated kiss that had him once more questioning his sanity for not just taking what Kyler was clearly offering. Before he lost what little control he had left, Aaron pulled back.

“You nearly make me forget myself,” he told Kyler.

Those sweet brown eyes, Aaron had once thought plain, blinked up at him. “Would that be so bad?”

No, it wouldn’t. Not that Aaron was going to tell Kyler that. “I think we should start the scene.” This time, he planned on giving Kyler a taste of the darker side of BDSM. Nothing too severe, but not as benign as having Kyler sit at his feet.

“What is your safeword, boy?” He started every scene this way, even when Kyler sat at his feet. To Aaron there was nothing more sacred, or important, as a safeword. It was the reason he insisted it be repeated each time.

“Dandelion,” Kyler told him.

“Good boy. Are you ready?” he asked.

Kyler’s voice was strong and clear as he answered. “Yes.”

Aaron felt his lips lift upward as pride filled him. Kyler was a true diamond in the rough. Anyone who thought otherwise was a fool. Sitting down on the couch, Aaron patted his thighs. “I want you to drape yourself, face down, across my lap.”

Those brown eyes looked into his for a full minute. Aaron could practically see Kyler’s mind spinning. He gave his little one the time he needed to make his decision. A smile that was as bright as the sun formed on those lush lips and, as if he suddenly realized he hadn’t moved yet, Kyler practically leaped onto the couch and did as Aaron had asked.

Aaron helped Kyler get into position, letting Kyler’s cock jut in between Aaron’s thighs. Satisfied his boy was comfortable, Aaron said. “I’m going to give you ten swats. I want you to count them out.”

He rubbed his hand across both pert cheeks for a moment before lifting his hand and swatting the right side. He smiled when Kyler let out a squeak of surprise. “You okay, boy?”

“Ye-yeah,” Kyler stuttered even as his dick grew harder between Aaron’s thighs.

“I didn’t hear you count,” he reminded Kyler.

“Oh. S-so-sorry. One,” Kyler managed to get out.

Aaron rubbed the cheek he’d just spanked, easing the sting. “Good boy.”

Then he lifted his hand and repeated the process on the left side. This time Kyler moaned, his ass lifting up as if begging for more. “Two.”

Aaron kept the slaps fairly light as this was Kyler’s first time, but he still made sure each one was felt. By the time he reached eight, Kyler’s dick was dripping with precum. The last two swats he made harder.

In response Kyler started pumping his hips, causing his prick to rub between Aaron’s thighs. Wanting Kyler’s first spanking to be as good as possible, Aaron allowed him to continue thrusting as his hand landed for the last time.

A groan that sounded as if it was ripped from deep within Kyler rose up. Aaron’s cock twitched at hearing the heavenly sound. He was hard as a rock with no real stimulation to his cock. Then Kyler’s body jerked, his hips thrusting down and heat sprayed Aaron’s legs as Kyler came apart in his arms.

Damn but that was hot.

Aaron leaned back and unzipped his pants. He took hold of his dick and gave himself a couple of strokes before ropes of pearly white seed shot out to coat Kyler’s back and side. The sight of marking Kyler’s body had Aaron’s balls unloading even more cum until he was completely empty.

He needed to take care of his sub, but Aaron couldn’t move after such an explosive orgasm. He just needed a minute, then he would move. Hopefully.






~ The Miracle Series ~
#MM #PNR #SHIFTERS #MANLOVE

Welcome to Miracle
In a world where everyone was against them, they needed a Miracle. What no one had expected was to find their salvation in an abandoned town that was ready to collapse. Yet, that is exactly what happened when they moved to the town of Miracle, Oregon.



Book 1 Blurb: 
Edrick Rapp, a mountain lion shifter, wanted to kick himself for not moving he and his friends far from their former pack years earlier. It wasn’t until he came upon one of his friends being beaten to death for their sins that he realized his mistake.

Mouse shifter, Nole Hayward, had been punished by his Alpha. Left for dead, he barely managed to crawl away with his life. He ends up hiding out in Miracle, Oregon until a group of mountain lion shifters show up. Before he could get away he ends up with a building collapsing down around him and his mate rescuing him.

Can Edrick and Nole find love or will they let the ghosts of their pasts tear them apart?

Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com





Book 2 Blurb:
Lucca had always felt trust was something only fools allowed themselves to experience. Since the age of five, he’d learned that not even family could be trusted to keep him safe from the cruel reality of life. That point was driven home when he and his friends were forced to flee their pack for fear of death for no other reason than who they loved.

Jari had lived in hell since he was nineteen years old and he’d been na├»ve enough to believe his Alpha’s claim they were mates. Now he existed in a world of lies and betrayal that had him trapped and miserable. Just when he thought his life couldn’t get worse, he was caught leading his best friend to his death. A part of him had been glad he hadn’t succeeded and was ready to die for his crime, but life was never that easy, for the man who’d captured him was none other than his real mate.

Can Lucca find a way to trust his mate or will the sins of their pasts keep them from finding their happily ever after?






Book 3 Blurb:
Kirill had been moving from town to town most of his life, staying one step ahead of those bent on destroying his kind. Along the way he’s somehow managed to become Alpha to a group of shifters also on the run. But he was tired of always having to pick up and move when all he wanted was a place to call home.

Harper had never known a moment of peace. Even as a child his father had pitted his own brother, Abdiel against him for his own amusement. When his father died, Harper had hoped things would change. He should have known better than to believe that change would be for the better.

The two men embark on a journey of discovery about themselves and the love they potentially share for each other. Can they get beyond their pasts, or will they be doomed to be separated for all eternity?






Book 4 Blurb:             
Kellach Alder hadn’t been given a chance in life to be the man he knew he could be. It never occurred to him that if he wanted others to see him differently, he would have to stand up and be the person he wanted to be.

Trygg Snow was sent to kill Kellach and his friends. Already conflicted about his mission, Trygg knew he wouldn’t be able to complete his assignment when he came face to face with his mate. If only Kellach, a mountain lion shifter, would look past the fact that Trygg was a wolf shifter.

Against all odds, and an army headed their way to destroy them all, Trygg and Kellach must find a way past their differences if they are to survive. The only way to achieve that is by Overcoming Stereotypes.



2 comments:

  1. Big big fan of Shea's books they are so good <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lots here to look into. Thanks for sharing about your writing process too. It's always something I find interesting.

    ReplyDelete